1. Request a ride when you're ready to be picked up
IU Ride operates on a request-by-request basis. Please be ready before you request a ride.
2. Don't wait until the end of the night to request service
We have a big influx of requests at the end of the night, and we often have to stop taking requests as early as a half hour before our operating hours end. It's first come first served so submit early!
3. Be waiting outside when you see that the van is approaching
It will be easier for your driver to find you if they see you when they pull up
4. Have your phone on and nearby
If the driver can't see you, they will send a push notification to your phone. Make sure you have push notifications on! If you cannot see the van, call dispatch at 812-855-7233, so that dispatch can better inform the driver of where you need to be picked up.
5. If you don't need your ride, cancel it through TransLoc right away
It slows our service down when we have to go out of our way to pick someone up only to have them no-show. That's time and space we could have used to give someone else a ride, so please cancel as soon as your plans change.